For the 2017 Goodreads Challenge, I put down that I would read 100 books this year—yes, less than last year—but I wanted to give myself more time in between to enjoy the books I was reading rather than rushing through.
I actually ended up reading MORE than the 100 books and read 158! Here are my TOP 12 Picks of this year (in order by author last name):
- Whore by Willow Aster – With romance that will touch your heart and soul, edge of your seat suspense, and a unique story that kept me glued to my kindle, this is her BEST WORK YET!
- Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar – Leylah Attar truly brought the Serengeti to life. The imagery, the characters, the daily life of these people – I could visualize it all in my mind. Ms. Attar is a poetic genius with her words and this book is complete and utter perfection. Just another of the million reasons why I love this author and she is one of my favorite authors of all time.
- The Player and The Catch by K. Bromberg – Baseball fans, sports enthusiasts, lovers of romance and amazing characters—K. Bromberg has knocked it out of the park. In this series, you get heat and chemistry beyond words and fun sexual innuendo that will make you smile and laugh out loud but besides that you get an unexpected heartwarming story that touches your heart and soul.
- Cuffed by K. Bromberg – This book will wreck havoc on your emotions—it is a powerful story of overcoming the past hurts, finding trust in the ones that will never let you down and will showcase a love that is so pure that your heart will sing with joy. Cuffed is an EPIC friends to lovers (and second chance love story!) that will stay with you for a long time.
- Ghosted by J.M. Darhower – Watching this little family come full circle to make amends and to build a life together made my heart soar. This is second chance romance at its finest. Beautifully romantic, heart-stopping perfection and EPIC in every single way, JM Darhower has given readers something so intense and unforgettable in this book, these characters, and this story that I can not recommend it enough.
- Atheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Fisher – Fisher draws readers in on an emotional level beyond compare. AWKAP captures the magic of love, the vulnerability of insecurities, and the power of self-discovery. This book touched my soul, and it’s SO hard to move on from Fisher’s words.
- Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn – I was captivated, I was intrigued, and I just flat out couldn’t stop reading. OMG… what took me so long to read this book?!
- The Queen and The Cure by Amy Harmon – I was transfixed by the beauty of her words and left speechless by this unique and utterly emotional story. I have read other books by Ms. Harmon and delving into fantasy is something different for her but her talent, her mesmerizing prose, and her exquisite stories show me time and time again that she can do it all.
- Roomies by Christina Lauren – This writing duo can certainly write seamlessly and have given readers an epic romance that will remind you of why you love to read… the characters, the music so unforgettable… so beautiful… so perfect… that you will close this book with a smile on your face and joy in your heart for a story so completely amazing!
- Drive by Kate Stewart – This book has all the things I LOVE in a great romance book—the killer angst, beautifully developed characters, an unforgettable storyline and there’s even a music soundtrack associated with each chapter that spoke volumes to my soul!
- Ten Thousand Points of Light by Michelle Warren – This is a beautiful story of a love so strong and so pure… a story of fate… a story of a loss so profound that it will gut you… but the love—that soulful forever love will repair you in all ways and your heart will feel such complete and utter joy.
- Tortured by Nicole Williams – I love Nicole Williams’ darker reads – there is just something so emotional, heartbreaking, and breathtaking about them—PERFECTION!
Enter for a chance to win a copy of one of my TOP PICKS of this year! Good luck!
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2018 and can’t wait to talk more books next year! xo