on October 29, 2014
Buy on Amazon
Jackson Cole is consumed with all three. After another devastating loss, Jackson forced himself to protect the woman he loves the only way he knew how—by walking away.
Catherine Pope took a chance and let love in, only to once again have it ripped away from her. When tragedy strikes, Catherine is unwilling to let fate take the reins. She rushes to Jackson’s side ready to fight for him.
Do Jackson’s loyalties lie with his past or his future? Will they be beholden to their fears or will they both fight against their demons and finally find the love they both long for?
If there is one thing that I can say that will make you read this book it will be JACKSON COLE! WOW…Jackson captured my attention in Beloved but in Beholden, he completely stole my heart and a new book boyfriend is on my list! <3
I have to say that Corinne Michaels captivated me with her debut novel Beloved but with Beholden, I was able to see and experience how she has grown as a writer and storyteller as this book was on a whole other level. Gut wrenching, dramatic and powerfully emotional, I was completely immersed in this story before I even started reading it. Let it be known that Ms. Michaels is an evil genius as she left us with a cliffhanger in Beloved so of course I was EXTREMELY excited (albeit a little nervous because I wasn’t sure how it would turn out!) to be back with Catherine and Jackson to see how their story would unfold.
Beholden picks up where Beloved left off and Catherine is sitting by Jackson’s side as he is recovering from his injuries not really knowing where she stands in his life after how things were left off in Beloved. She knows that she wants to fight for his love despite the fact that there are still so many bumps in the road to contend with – namely the secrets he is still hiding, his guilt that prevents him from truly living his life, and of course her issues with trust because she has been hurt so many times before.
The reader will get to experience firsthand some of the torturous heartbreaking moments while realizing that beneath it all the inevitable connection that these two share would bring them back full circle because they were fated to be together; it was always meant to be. <3
So what I loved….
- Catherine and Jackson were such likable and relatable characters from the start…so well developed and true – I adored them..I wanted to be friends with them! Speaking of friends, I loved them all! Ms. Michaels has a gift for creating characters you want to get to know and root for. I also loved that through it all Catherine remained a strong heroine – she stayed true to herself and her wants for the future. This made me SO happy because you don’t see that often in books and it made me like her even more.
- Corinne was able to surprise me in some parts of the story – I love when a book doesn’t follow a formula and is unpredictable.
- the feels I got from reading this book were INTENSE. Ms. Michael’s really took it up a notch in this book and my emotions ran the gamut…to cry from the prologue and to feel it completely in your heart is a testament to her writing.
- the dialogue – I LOVE dialogue rich books…I can’t deal with too much inner monologue and internal thoughts. Ms. Michaels totally blew it out of the water in this aspect because dialogue was present for like 80% or more of the book and I WAS ECSTATIC. I love when an author shows me and doesn’t tell me.
- the epilogue put a smile on my face…BUY THE BOOK! Enough said!
♥READ THE BOOK THAT STARTED IT ALL♥
Book 1 – Beloved